Boric acid is toxic to human body, and internal use affects nerve center. Borax or borax (borax) can be absorbed quickly from gastrointestinal tract, serous cavity and damaged skin, so it can be poisoned by internal or local application. The common causes of infantile poisoning are as follows: apply talcum powder containing boric acid
, boric acid powder or boric acid ointment on a large area of trauma, eczema and diaper rash; use boric acid solution to wash papilla repeatedly and be sucked by baby; drink boric acid water to quench thirst or eat more cockroach pills (containing 30% boric acid); The boric acid solution was used as normal saline injection. The death rate of oral boric acid in children is usually 5 ~ 6g.
Sodium perborate is more basic and ACTS with acids in the intestinal tract, which can be decomposed into borate (such as NaBO2), boric acid and peroxide (such as hydrogen peroxide). As for borate is not highly toxic to human body, but when exposed in large quantities, it can stimulate human medulla oblongata and cause spontaneous vomiting. In addition, borates can be toxic to the central nervous system and kidneys when exposed in large amounts or repetitions, and may cause vitamin B2(riboflavin) deficiency.